Saturday, March 31, 2007

Corregidor Trip & Others :)

I call this "Farewell City"... Nice pic huh? :) This was taken from our Corregidor trip last March 25 and 26. I was with Van, Irene & Espi. Louie was not able to join us because she was and still in HK while Apple could not come because of some reasons I think she just made up. Hehehe!

Anyway, our first day in the island of Corregidor was both fun & exhausting. Included in our package trip was a guided tour in the island. We went to several places while the tourist guide explained what happened in that particular place. Then after talk, she would let us go down the bus and had some picture taking at the place. This was what we did the whole morning and a little bit of our afternoon. I think this lasted @ around 2:30 pm. Before we ate lunch, we watched the light & sound show @ the Malinta Tunnel. This was part of our package as well. However, I did not like it that much probably because this was already the 2nd time I've seen the show. Yes, this was also the 2nd time I went to Corregidor. The 1st time I've been there was with my college friends. We had a field trip in Corregidor so basically, I've done everything for the 2nd time except the overnight stay because the 1st time I've been there was just for a day tour. Anyway, I still enjoyed my stay because I was with different set of friends. :)

After the tour, we went straight to our hotel to freshen up and to rest because we were so tired from the tour. We decided also not to join the night tour. Well yes, there was also the night tour & I actually don't know the difference aside from the time. Hehehe! & I haven't got the chance to find out coz as I've said, we did not join. We just rested for the afternoon then created our own activities for the night. We went to the recreation center to eat dinner then we did some singing in the karaoke then we played billards - Espi & Irene against Van & me. Van & I won for the 1st game while Espi & Irene won the 2nd game. We could have also won the 2nd time around if it wasn't for Espi who did pretty well in the 2nd game. Hehehe! :) Corregidor @ night was really creepy. There were no street lights and you can barely see the way from the recreation center to the hotel. Lucky us, one crew from the center showed us a shortcut to the hotel and the way was also lighted. Otherwise, we could've been scared to death all the way back to the hotel.



Nothing much happened on our 2nd day. We just availed of the massage that was also included in our package (wellness package). Since only 2 masseuses were available, we went in two batches. First batch were Irene & Espi @ 9 in the morning, then Van & I @ 10 am. It was kinda relaxing but the masseuses were not as good as those who are in Metro. After the massage, we just stayed in our airconditioned room coz it was really hot outside. We checked out from our room @ 3 pm but our service transpo arrived around 4 pm to get us to the ferry terminal. We arrived @ Manila around 5 pm or so but before we part our ways and went home, we hit starbucks first for some delicious coffee... :) More Corregidor pictures here



No, I was not in HK in this photo... I was just in Roxas :)

* * * * * * * *
Another story to tell ... I already tendered my resignation from Sunlife last Thursday, March 29. It's effectivity is on April 27. To tell you the truth, it's really sad for me to leave Sunlife. I like that company very much - the people, the work, the culture, the office, everything! But I have to leave. I need to be with my husband & to face new challenges in life. On the other hand, I am happy coz I will be with my Jay-ar at last! :) ... but aside from feeling happy and sad, I also feel nervous for my new job in Malaysia. I hope I can cope up easily with the kind of work they have there and that I can meet the expectations of my new boss. Or else, I might just be a housewife. Hehehe!

* * * * * * * *

I forgot to give an update on what happened on our Sing-a-long night. Everything went okay aside from the fact that it did not go as planned. Hehehe! Yes, it did not go as planned but it was okay. Actually the plan was that we would have a contest. But when the program started, everybody started singing so we decided not to push through with the contest since everyone was having fun on just singing freely. :)

* * * * * * * *

I loooovvveee PETER PETRELLI of Heroes! I just finished watching the last episode before they had their season break & I'm so happy coz the season will continue on April 23 (that's what I saw from the internet)! :) I like Peter's powers and also the power of Hiro Nakamura - controlling time & space - I wish I have that kind of power.




So that's all for the update. Till next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment