Thursday, March 12, 2009

She Hiccups Inside My Womb

It has been 2-3 times already that I have been feeling this rhythmic movement of my baby inside my womb. It is like she's poking my belly in a constant interval of time. I described it to Jay-ar like "nagkukuyakoy si baby sa loob ng chan ko". Little did I know that she was hiccupping already. It was really a surprise for me as I did not know that baby can hiccup even inside the womb. Too bad I was not able to take note the first time I experienced this constant poking in my belly. It could have been a nice entry in her baby book. Hehehe!

I did some research and found out that hiccupping inside the womb is perfectly normal for a baby. One site even states that "Some research even suggests that hiccups are actually soothing to your baby, and help to relieve a variety of pressures on his growing lungs and organs".

Below is the write up I have found in the net why babies hiccups inside the womb.
Many pregnant women wonder what their baby is doing when they feel those rhythmic movements later in pregnancy. Most are surprised to learn their baby has the hiccups! That is right, many babies have the hiccups while they are in the womb and some babies have the hiccups multiple times per day. But, what causes this and why do babies hiccup in the womb anyway?

There has not been an overwhelming amount of research on fetal hiccupping in the womb, although there is some speculation as to why it happens. First of all, only more mature fetuses hiccup in the womb because their central nervous system is adequately developed in order to allow this to happen. It is believed that the fetus breathes in amniotic fluid or drinks it. When this happens and the amniotic fluid enters and exists the fetus lungs then the diaphragm contracts and hiccups results. Fetal hiccups appear to be extremely normal and almost all moms will feel the babies hiccups at least once if not on a regular basis.

Keep in mind that when you r fetus is hiccupping there is nothing wrong. You dont need to call your doctor or midwife, unless you feel something else is going on, and you dont need to freak out. Simply relax and enjoy feeling your baby move inside you.

A fun thing to do is to keep a record of when your babies hiccups en utero. This can be a fun piece of information to store in your baby book or share with your child when he/she is older.

Almost all women will feel their fetus hiccupping at least once during the pregnancy if not more. Some women dont recognize the rhythmic movement as hiccupping, but most do. In addition, some babies will hiccup on a daily basis and others even more frequently.

If your baby is hiccupping on a regular basis then you can feel free to mention it your doctor however you will be assured that hiccupping is normal and it in no way affects your child youre your heath.

Source.

Isn't sooo cute? Now I am waiting for me to feel it again coz the next time I feel it, I know exactly what it is already. Unlike before, I was wondering what could my baby be doing inside me for me to feel the constant poking or the rhythmic tiny kicks. So the next time it happens again, I will just enjoy the feeling of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment