Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Very Own Chocolate Cake



Ingredients:
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa butter
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 egg
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup water

Procedure:
Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt in a bowl
Make a well in a center of the flour mixture. Add egg and sugar
Add vanilla and mix briefly
With a mixer running, slowly add the oil until incorporated
Add water and mix briefly
Batter should be fairly thick and a rich deep brown
Oil baking pan or use baking sheet (as I did) and place batter on the pan
Steam for 25 minutes in a medium high heat
After 25 minutes, let cool then serve

What's good thing about this recipe is that it does not require oven so this can be done by people without big oven like me (as I only have small oven). I have also melted a chocolate bar and make it as frosting on top of the cake. Then I decorated with strawberries, cake flowers and chocolate chips. If you can notice, I put stars on the cake with initials "JR" as I make this cake for him. Hehehe!

That's it and if you have time, you can try this recipe. Finish product tastes yummy and you can give it to your special someone like I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment