Friday, September 7, 2007

Overdue Post

But as they say, "better late than never right?"
So as I've said in my previous post, I am back in Malaysia and I just survived another week in the office. Our company has lots of chaos nowadays. And it gets worse everyday. Anyway, will just have to create another post for that because this post is dedicated for photos and my Philippines mini adventure. So here goes:

August 24: I flew back in Manila at 7:20 am. So imagine what time I was in the airport. It was so early, I had to wake up at 3 am. Anyway, I arrived at Clark Airport [airline was AirAsia] at 11:30 and I reached Manila around 3 pm [the bus from Clark Airport leaves at 12:30 pm] and I was at home about 4 pm. Basically, I spent my whole day traveling! For me, this is the bad thing about flying with AirAsia. The airport is so far from the Metro. But in spite of this, I still patronize AirAsia because of its cheap airfare. It’s also true that Cebu Pacific ‘sometimes’ has promotions. But most of the time AirAsia is cheaper than Ceb so most of the time, I fly with AirAsia. But if Ceb has promotions, I make sure that I will not let the opportunity pass. Hehehe!

When I reached home, I just ate coz I was freakin’ hungry already then after eating I go straight to All About Face at Torre Lorenzo [near De La Salle Manila] to have a relaxing facial. It had been three months since my last facial and face was already experiencing a pimple-attack.

August 25: I went to Calamba Laguna to visit my in-laws & to get some stuff/documents from Jay-ar’s house that we need for our wedding. Then mommy [mom-in-law] and I [with kuya Jeff as our driver] had a joy ride to Canlubang parishes to get some document requirements for our wedding. I was able to get jay-ar’s Birth, Baptismal and Confirmation certificates. As for my own document, I only have Birth and baptismal coz I am not yet confirmed as a Catholic. I am planning to have my confirmation here in Malaysia. I also get to see Jay-ar’s cute nephew’s, which are all litol cute rascals. Hehehe!

We bought them shoes as a present and I am glad they liked it although the shoes for his two nephews were still a bit big but that’s okay coz the shoes can wait for them. Better big than small.

August 26: This was Sunday so everybody was available to go to Laguna [our home town] to visit my first ever nephew – Baby G. We call him Baby G because his real name is Giann [and two more names]. He is such an angel and a very very cute baby. I cannot imagine that he belongs to Pau & Yeng. Hahaha! [Joke only, peace tyu!] Anyway, all I can say is that their genes are perfect for each other. [ayan ha, bawi ako!] By the way yeng, all photos are already uploaded in my Multiply site.

On this same day, after visiting baby Giann, we went to Festival Mall in Alabang. It was only mama, shobe, kuya EJ & myself went to the mall because Baby G can’t leave the house coz he’s too litol to do malling. And as you can see in the pic below, the young and the young at heart [ang bata at ang isip bata.. hahaha!] rode some stuff animal for fun.

August 27: This day was a Monday but it was a public holiday in the Philippines for the reason that I don’t remember anymore. All I know is that it was a good thing that this day was a holiday because the VLLMA met up to share their beauty to the world. (VLLM) were suppose to meet at the Beauty Bar [san pa?] in Glorietta but Louie overslept that day. Our initial plan was to eat lunch at Circles in Shangri La Makati courtesy of our big-time friend Louie. She just arrived to PH the night before so it was understandable why she was late. So the three of us [Van, Les & me] decided to wait for Louie in RedBox. Although we are in RedBox, it seemed that none of us wanted to sing because we were so busy telling stories. So we just used our private room to laugh out loud, shout, laugh again and roll over [just kidding, no one rolled over]

Louie joined us in RedBox after an hour or two. Then it was her turn to tell us her Zimbabwe escapades. We were only allowed to stay at RedBox for 3 hours so we headed to a spa for a relaxing manicure/pedicure and foot spa. It was so pampering.

Then around 6 pm, we went to Circles for a sumptuous dinner. I was so stuffed! We ate lots of seafoods, sweets, Japanese, Chinese, Indian delicacies, etc. Name it they got it. I can say that all of us were guilty of gluttony. But it was really a yummy experience. Thanks to Louie!

August 28: I went to Makati to settle some finances in BPI and PSI Bank. So again, the VLMA [this time, with A – Apple but lacking of one L - Leslie] met up for lunch. This is one of the major commonality [second to being pretty] between VILLMA – we all love to eat!

And as of this writing, Leslie is the only one who stays slim & we are actually planning on how we can make her ‘one of the rest of us’ as well... Hahaha! We ate at North Park along Ayala Avenue and we stuffed ourselves again & commit gluttony.

We still can't get enough so at night... Cafe Briton ...

August 29: I spent my whole day in the grocery to buy food that I can bring here in Malaysia. Local food here is usually spicy so whenever we go back in the Philippines, we make it a point that we bring a lot of food with us. Whether it’s a canned good, marinated meat, hotdog, tapa, etc. Even the Knorr cubes and Tamarind powder, we also bring from the Philippines because they have different spices here. Of course, we prefer the ‘lasang pinoy’ right?

This same day, I also met up with my gown tailor. & I was able to choose my motif color. Hurray! [meron na din sa wakas]. It’s pomelo & apple green. [see pic below]. The color combination reminds me of a cotton candy. The wedding will be on morning so cool colors are more advisable than darker colors, which are usually used during night. Well, that’s according to the tailor. VILLMA, I need your opinion regarding my chosen motif color.

And here is my chosen gown design:

August 30: This was my departure date. My flight was 8:50 pm so at morning, My mom & I went to Quezon avenue for some food tasting. [wala nang tigil sa pagkain!] We chose Henry’s as our wedding caterer because we have already tasted their food in the wedding of one of our friends. I hope our guests will find their food delicious as well as we did.

So that’s the ‘summary’ of my litol adventure in the Philippines with friends and families. Till next post. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment