Monday, September 17, 2007

Network Problem

It has been 2 weeks since our entire network in the office is down. This is another way of saying we have no Internet connection & no work. Yes no work since I am so dependent on our network to do my development. At first they said that there has been a problem in our DHCP server, which is why we cannot obtain an IP address on both wired and wireless connection. Then after a few days they said that the root cause of the problem is the SYN FLOOD virus that has attacked our network. Because of this, the management even sent out a memo, which states that downloading of files from the web is now prohibited. And now from what I have heard recently, the problem is not actually due to a virus but some problems encountered in our DNS server.

Well whatever the problem really is, I hope it can be fixed soon. Right now, I was able to do this post due to my workaround connection. I am using a dial-up connection, and my dedicated 56kbps should be enough to do normal web browsing for yahoo, googling and of course blogging. I know I should be enjoying this scenario since all I am doing in the office for the whole day is Internet surfing. And this will last until such time that our network problem will be fixed and our network will return to its stable state. But I know that after everything is back to normal, I will be pressured & harassed due to the deadlines of my tasks. So you see, I really cannot enjoy this moment of my life while I know what lies ahead.

I was actually on the verge of installing a VMWare in my notebook so that I do not need to connect to our Linux Server to do my development. But VMWare takes a lot of resources like HD and RAM and my notebook, which is provided by the company, has only got the standard specs. Meaning, it will become really slow if I install this software in my notebook & my TL advised me to just wait for the network to go up. It’s as if it is going to happen soon. Oh my! I just hope so.

So tomorrow if the network is still down, it will be another day of Internet surfing! Wait!!! Did I just complain about all this?!? Oh cut the crap! I should enjoy it while it lasts right? Hehehe! I am so out of my mind right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment