Thursday, August 9, 2007

Pinas Here I Come!

Our development server is down so I cannot do much since my testing should be done in that server. I am finished with the program already but I still need to run it to see if it's working & without a server that would be impossible. I cannot test the program locally coz It should run in a Linux environment. My TL who was suppose to fix it yesterday got lazy and said that he will do it today so while he's on it, I am here making this post.

My leave from work is already confirmed! Hurray! *Confetti* It will be on 24th-30th of this month and I can't wait to see my family & friends. Though I would be happier & more excited if Jay-ar can come with me, but he can't because he cannot take a leave just yet. Anyway, maybe next time, we can go back to the Philippines together. I only take few days off from work because my leaves are still without pay since I am still on probation. So I just have to squeeze in every plan I have in the Philippines for 7 days. That would be a challenge coz there are a lot of things that I need to settle during this short period. I need to go to Jay-ar's hometown to visit my in-laws, meet VILLMA and have a grand reunion, meet up with our wedding caterer for food tasting, meet up with the tailor for my gown, meet up with JoBarCo, quality time with my family and many other things that needs to be accomplished. Nonetheless, I am still excited coz after more that 3 months, I will be stepping my feet again on my country. You may think 3 months is such a short time and if I were not an OFW then I would say the same. But being away from home, even for just a month, makes me miss and appreciate Philippines more. And if I only have lots of money, I will still choose to settle for good in my own country. Problem is, I don’t have. =(

Several days before my long awaited short-time vacation, we will be transferring to our new permanent condo unit. (Permanent here means at least for a year). And that would have to be tomorrow. I haven’t mentioned here in my blog that we moved to another unit because there had been a problem (attitude problem) with one of our housemates (See post last 03AUG – Bitchiness Personified). So because of that, we had no choice but to find a new unit for us. Luckily, one of Jay-ar’s friends was kind enough to give us a shelter for one week. We were given only one week because the owner of the room we are staying will be arriving this coming Saturday from the Philippines. However, as of this writing and because of a very limited time we have, we haven’t found our own unit to rent. Good thing though, Jay-ar’s former colleague, also Pinoy, offered us to share her unit with us. She is currently living there alone. So as you can see, we are not in any position to pass up this kind of offer. And so we will start to move our things again in this unit this weekend. Honestly, I would prefer to rent a condo unit for us only, I mean with no housemates. But I guess, God has other plans for us. And I still consider this as a blessing because if none offered us a unit to stay, then we are faced with a major problem.

On a lighter note, I think I want to change the template of my blog. But I have to find time to do it. When everything is already settled in our new home and our Internet connection was transferred already from our old unit to our new one, then I think I can start changing my blog template. =)

As for now, I have to prepare myself for another session of packing of things and appliance lifting.

No comments:

Post a Comment