Saturday, November 13, 2010

I just realized...

that when my baby reached 20 years old, I will be like 47 years old already! OMG!!! By 20 years old, she has just gone out of college and that is if she will only choose 4-yr courses. What if she wants to be a doctor or a lawyer?! In what age will I be when she finish schooling? Oh my! And she's our first child! What about our future children? Will I be like 55 years old already when they finish college?

There are pros and cons indeed when one had a baby at an early age. One of the pros is that you are still young when your kids already have their own, stable, career and family life. Like the case of my mom who got pregnant at the age of 18. The cons is that you wouldn't have much time to enjoy your own money, singlehood and carefree-ness because you have a family to sustain at such an early age.

As for my case, I did enjoy my financial independence and singlehood for quite a while (7 years to be exact). It was actually fun to earn your own money, which is all yours and to be responsible for only yourself. But the drawback is this - my retirement would have to wait a little longer than those people who had babies earlier than me.

I just wish God will give me and my hubby long life so that we can be able to stick around for quite a while to enjoy our children, our grandchildren and if we are luckier, our great grandchildren. :)

That would really be nice.


- from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment