Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Life is funny, this and that way...

Who in the world went back home from her first day at work @ 9:30 pm?!

Present. That would be me *raising right hand*

Yeah folks. Yesterday was my first working day in HP Malaysia and I went back home at 9:30 pm. Think it will soon become a habit. Don't get me wrong though. In fairness to HP and to my boss, he did not give me a huge task on my first day that would made me went back home at that hour. It's just that the g*dforsaken client's location is too far from civilization. In other words, no taxi, far from the LRT station, no bus or any other public transpo and if I may add, no canteen slash cafeteria nearby. So I waited for my workaholic team lead to go home so he can drop me by the nearest LRT station. And yeah, he usually goes home at that hour.

You see, I was really devastated and/or heartbroken when I found out that I will not be reporting to HP office but to the client's site. The client would be the biggest Telco company in Malaysia and that office would be one of their data centers that's why the location is anything but accessible and convenient.

The whole team is based there so I cannot bail out.

And because of this, I need to cook my lunch every night and this is going to be all work and no play!

Off the topic.

I remember when I was a programmer, I really really wanted to be a systems analyst. I thought that their job was so easy and that all they need to do is to assign tasks to their programmers. How I wanted to be in my SA's shoes back then. And now that I have the chance to be the SA that I always wanted to be, I feel that I cannot do it. I realized now how difficult it is to be an SA and how I wish that I am still a programmer just waiting a task from my SA. Ang hirap hirap pala. Can I do this? God, please help me.

Off the topic number two.

You know what's pressure? It is when a big company hired you and was so impressed by your interview, exams and resume during your assessment process and thought that you are really good when in fact you are not "that" good. And in return, they give you a major role and a "nationwide" [not just a enterprise wide] project. And your boss will tell you that "I have high expectations on you" and that you just want to commit suicide because if you do not do that then your nervousness will be the one that will kill you. Now that's pressure!

I really don't know how will I survive this. All I know is that I should must keep on trying. Ang yabang ko kasi, gusto ko ng mas challenging na trabaho? Ayan ang napala mo!

Oh well, life is really funny, this and that way!

Got to go now... Another long day for me to survive tomorrow.

GudNyt!

No comments:

Post a Comment