Monday, July 16, 2007

Harry Potter & Others

Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix - as usual, the book is better than the movie. But the book, as I've said from my other post, is the one I like the least of all the HP books. So in this sense, what can I still expect from the movie? Effects.

.

For me, the book is always better than the movie & I guess most of the other HP book readers will agree to me on this one. Simply because the book has all the details & the complete story that the movie failed to show due to time contraints. But in fairness to the movie, the effects were great although this was already anticipated since all HP movies had great effects. I can say I am not really disappointed since I did not expect that much from the movie but I am still a full-fledged HP fan no matter what. After all, book 6 (Half-blood Price) is way way way better than book 5. =)

.

After watching HP, Jay-ar & I ate at MFM (Manhattan Fish Market) also known as Fish Manhattan. We ordered the Manhattan platter for two, which includes rice, french fries, prawns, squid & oyster. Even the food is a little bit expensive, I can say na Sulit tlaga dahil Masarap! Even the thought of it can make me hungry. Hehehe!



* * *


And I applied for my first credit card in Malaysia yesterday. It's from Maybank (Malayan Bank) - the biggest bank in Malaysia. The agent said that it was already approved and that I just have to wait the card to be sent to me. At first, I did not really want to get a card but the card is free for life so I've got nothing to lose. All I had to do was to give all the required documents & I was good to go...

.

* * *

I cannot wait for the Harry Potter book 7 (Deathly Hallows)! It was only yesterday that I have reserved my copy because at first I was planning to buy it from the Philippines. But I've learned that It's cheaper here by 400 pesos! So dito na lang ako buy! BechaByGollyWow! It will be released on Saturday!!! And another good thing about it is that I'll be having the "adult" version of the cover (see pic below) kc sa Pinas daw, ang available lang is yung kid's version. I cannot imagine that this would be the last book! I also feel sad about it kc matatapos na ang HP craze. I can still remember when I was still starting to go gaga over HP, we had a machine problem in one of my programming language classes during college to develop a Library System using Visual FoxPro. And I did a Library System for Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizadry. Hehehe! My prof was actually impressed coz none of my other classmates thought of applying the system to a specific school while my system had a Hogwarts logo & other graphics and the book names I used as a test data were also those books used by HP. But of course, the system was also bug-free, otherwise, all the designs will be useless. Am really excited! Sana Saturday na! (^^,)

No comments:

Post a Comment